[MEncoder-users] Is it possible to edit a video with edl?

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Wed Nov 15 00:38:02 CET 2006

Is it possible to use a edl file to remove some few frames from a video?

I open the video with avidemux and locate the frames I want to remove. First
problem: an edl file requires times (seconds), I would prefer if I could use
frames. Anyway avidemux also gives me the time where the pointer is, and I
convert to seconds.

I wanted to remove the first 8 frames of the video. I wrote this edl:

0.0 0.320 0

Now I encode the video with mencoder (just the first 10 seconds), using the
options -edl and -hr-edl-seek. Now I open this video with avidemux and I see
there's still there 4 or 5 frames that I wanted to be removed. I tried at
several points of the video and it happens the same.

So, is -edl really accuracy?

Or maybe avidemux is not giving me the right times... Any other program which
I can use to create a really accurately edl file for mencoder?

--
Pepe