[MEncoder-users] Help with lossy encoding.

Keith McLaughlin kmclau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 04:40:06 CET 2006

Hello all;

I am working on a project to turn several hundred jpegs into an animation.
My issue is that the encoded frames of the movie are far more lossy than the
original jpegs. I have used several different command line parameters, and
I've even tried using lossless-jpeg encoding, but I still see a significant
decrease in image quality in the mpeg/avi. I have uploaded 20 of the frames
in a tarball to http://myweb.usf.edu/~kmclaugh/binary/jpegs.tar.gz

If anyone could please take a look and see if he/she can encode without such
a major loss of quality, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Keith McLaughlin