[MEncoder-users] Extracting DVD-audio?

Jay W. Summet jay at summet.com
Fri May 5 17:35:27 CEST 2006

I used vobcopy and only got 4 VOB's (around 6gb) which appeared to have
all of the (TV) episodes in them, but none of the special features, FBI
warning, menu videos, etc. I also didn't see/hear any of the audio
program, so I don't think it was included in the VOB's. (each VOB has
mpeg2 video, a52 audio (2 channels, english and spanish).

I found a workaround (not involving mencoder) that I'm going to use. I
play the dvd using xine, and use audacity to record from my "vol" or
soundcard directly. This has the obvious downsides that it only works in
realtime, can't be easily automated, and prevents me from doing anything
else that uses audio at the same time, but it is easy to get to work,
and for 20 odd disks won't be too bad.

Jay