[MEncoder-users] Help with Floating Point Exception Error

jer mencoder at jer-peterson.com
Mon Jun 26 09:06:00 CEST 2006

RC wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:09:56 -0700
> jer <mencoder at jer-peterson.com> wrote:
>

>> This negates the possibility of  using any kind of pvr with the ivtv
>> drivers unless I make a script
>>

> That's not rocket science.  In fact, it's downright trivial.
>
> And MythTV, at least, has built-in support for IVTV and the PVR* cards.
> I'm surprised Freevo doesn't.
>

>> I have searched and searched on my own for three weeks and now I  am
>> at a loss of what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated.
>>

> I'd suggest the Freevo mailing lists, since this has very little to do
> with Mencoder.  Surely many other Freevo users have had to address this
> same issue, and have solutions.

Well, freevo mailing lists would probably not help in this case. The
problem I am having is with a mencoder command line.
I would like to know why you think that this has little to do with
mencoder. Freevo simply supplied the command in the log. Mencoder is
responsible for the SIGFPE.

I need to know what the cause of the SIGFPE is.