[MEncoder-users] Help with Floating Point Exception Error

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jun 26 10:55:00 CEST 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 00:06:00 -0700
jer <mencoder at jer-peterson.com> wrote:

> The problem I am having is with a mencoder command line.

No, the problem you're having is that the mencoder command-line Freevo
is using is completely wrong, and can't possibly work with your (MPEG)
TV card.

> Mencoder is responsible for the SIGFPE.  I need to know what the cause
> of the SIGFPE is.

Freevo is telling mencoder to play an MPEG video stream (/dev/video0) as
if it is a raw YUV stream.  It's not, so mencoder crashes.  Mencoder is
also trying to send commands as if it's a normal TV card, which is
isn't, so that may also cause a crash (and there's absolutely no
possible way mencoder can change the channel, or any other settings).

I don't see how I can make it any clearer.