[MEncoder-users] Fwd: Questions on Mencoder performace

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Tue Jun 6 20:02:36 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 19:45, Raphael wrote:
> larrystotler at netscape.net wrote:

You might also try compiling with icc, the Intel C Compiler. libmpeg2 used
to be broken when compiled with icc (version 8 I believe) but that might
have been fixed. But libavcodec ran fine when I last tried. Intel claims
its compiler generates better code specifically for Intel CPU's. By
default, icc emulates gcc as far as inline assembly is concerned, so
MMX/SSE(2) specific code should get compiled in as usual.

--Ivo