[MEncoder-users] Transferring video to an iPod

Aaron Digulla digulla at hepe.com
Wed Jul 26 12:06:32 CEST 2006

Hello,

Since video iPods spread more and more and the questions how to fill
them with Linux seem to grow, I wondered if some expert here could
translate this ffmpeg commandline into the mencoder equivalent *or* tell
me a way to get mencoder to convert "any format" to something ffmpeg can
use.

Here is the ffmpeg call: ffmpeg -i $file -b 600 -r 29.97 -s 320x240
-vcodec mpeg4 -ab 128 -acodec aac $tmpout

Use case: I want to bring my onlinetvrecorder.com-recordings in WMV
format onto my iPod. The AVI files work but ffmpeg cannot read WMV.

Regards,

http://www.philmann-dark.de/