[MEncoder-users] sync problem with -oac faac

Jonathan jonathan at kc8onw.net
Tue Feb 28 18:56:55 CET 2006

Victor Condino wrote:
[snip]
> my main issue after doing a few
> test encodes is with faac... it seems that when using -oac faac the
> audio leads by several seconds (!)... not sure if sync drifts yet, so
> a possible workaround might be manually determining an offset and
> encoding with it, but still... i tried reencoding using x264 and -oac
> mp3lame and sync was fine.
>
> anyone else experienced this sync problem with faac? anone know of a solution?

It may not be the same issue but when I was encoding to x264 with CVS
from a couple of months back I found that the video was delayed by
frame_duration*max_bframes.  I don't know if it was an encoding or
decoding issue and I wound up hacking around it by using
raw[audio|video], muxing to matroska and setting an audio delay in
matroska.  I was also using Vorbis audio instead of faac because I never
got faac working on windows and the files where destined for PC only
playback anyway.

HTH,
Jonathan