[MEncoder-users] converting multiple audio streams

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:52:05 CEST 2005

2005/9/19, José Queiroz <zekkerj at gmail.com>:
> By the way, the question is still valid; even not recoding the video
> stream, I could possibly need to convert the audios, in example, or
> just cat the two pieces of the movie.

As far I know, mencoder can only process one video stream and one
audio stream at a time because it work like mplayer, but not
displaying the result in the screen. It sends tha output to the
encoder and it to the disk. Then it can only process one audio stream
at a time.

There is an easy way to do what you want. You can use mplayer to dump
one of the audio streams to an mp3 or ac3 file. Then once you
recompressed the file with the other audio stream, you can use
avimerge (from transcode) to add the missing stream that you want.

By the way, it may be good to re-encode the xvid stream to divx
because many hardware divx players drops many frames when playing
xvid. It may be an unefficient implementation of the decoder or a slow
cpu in the player, but the problem is there and can ve avoided by
using lavc's divx instead of xvid.

--
Alejandro Vargas