[MEncoder-users] converting multiple audio streams

José Queiroz zekkerj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 07:37:37 CEST 2005

> Hm. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. Both XviD and DivX
> are implementations of MPEG-4. It's like trying to convert an Opel to
> a Vauxhall. It's still an Opel, even though the name is different.

I thought I needed this. Fortunately, I was wrong.

I bought a DVD player, and tried to watch some movies I downloaded.
For an unlucky coincidence, two of them got problems, and both was
XViD. So I came to (the wrong) guess that my player did not support
XViD, only DivX.
After posting here, I had a "flash" to try it again... and it worked. ¬_¬

By the way, the question is still valid; even not recoding the video
stream, I could possibly need to convert the audios, in example, or
just cat the two pieces of the movie.

I think that's interesting that MPlayer can handle the multiple audio,
but MEncoder not.