[MEncoder-users] Re: colormap mencoder/mplayer weirdness

Glen Fullmer gfullmer at cox.net
Mon Oct 3 09:15:32 CEST 2005

On Sunday 02 October 2005 06:41:57 GMT, RC wrote:

>> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg:fps=30 -o output.mpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
>> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=15000 -oac copy

> You aren't creating an MPEG file, you are creating an AVI file that
> just happens to be named "output.mpg"

Correct! My mistake.  Reading the documentation it is not clear how to get
MPEG output.  How does one do that?  What is the limit of the mpeg output?
(WxH)

> Perhaps your video isn't a multiple of
> 16? Perhaps your videocard's overlay doesn't support resolutions of that
> size?  Lots more info is needed to even narrow it down to a few hundred
> possibilities...

Video a multiple of 16?  Do you mean the (WxH) of the JPEG files, or what? My
video card is Intel 865 with a i810 driver.

It appears that must be the problem.  When I change the resolution to 1024x768
(multiple of 16) the abnormality goes away.  Thanks.  Still doesn't explain
why the others looked OK on the other machines!  In both cases they are using
different video cards.

Thanks,
Glen
--