[MEncoder-users] colormap mencoder/mplayer weirdness

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Oct 2 08:41:57 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 06:22:23 -0700
Glen Fullmer <gfullmer at cox.net> wrote:

> When creating mpeg movies from jpeg files using the command:
>
> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg:fps=30 -o output.mpg -ovc lavc
> -lavcopts  vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=15000 -oac copy

You aren't creating an MPEG file, you are creating an AVI file that
just happens to be named "output.mpg"

> I get movies that play fine on other machines with both mplayer and
> media  player but when played on the machine where I created them, I
> get some color  streaking and color changes that where not expected.

You need to provide a lot more information to even start guessing what
the problem might be.  Also, this certainly doesn't seem to be a
mencoder problem at all.  Perhaps your video isn't a multiple of
16? Perhaps your videocard's overlay doesn't support resolutions of that
size?  Lots more info is needed to even narrow it down to a few hundred
possibilities...