[MEncoder-users] Re: colormap mencoder/mplayer weirdness

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Oct 2 22:36:16 CEST 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 00:15:32 -0700
Glen Fullmer <gfullmer at cox.net> wrote:

> Correct! My mistake.  Reading the documentation it is not clear how to
> get  MPEG output.  How does one do that?

Look for the "-of" option.  It's definately in the man page.

> Video a multiple of 16?  Do you mean the (WxH) of the JPEG files, or
> what?

The width and height of the output video file. If your JPEG files aren't
divisible by 16, you should scale them up/down or expand/crop with
mencoder.

> My  video card is Intel 865 with a i810 driver.

Doesn't tell me anything.  I don't happen to have the limitations of
each and every video chipset memorized.

> It appears that must be the problem.  When I change the resolution to
> 1024x768  (multiple of 16) the abnormality goes away.  Thanks.  Still
> doesn't explain  why the others looked OK on the other machines!

Are you using different versions of mplayer, or different video players
on the other machines?  That would explain it.  Bug work-arounds are
added all the time.  Never the less, you should always stick to
multiples of 16 unless you have a _very_ good reason not to.