[MEncoder-users] Removing strange noise around edges

Fredrik Eriksson feffese at yahoo.se
Mon Nov 28 20:53:19 CET 2005

Hello. I've found some ugly noise that I want to remove. Take a look at
the sample image: http://winterbird.no-ip.org/sample.png As you can see
there is some strange noise around the edges on his red cloths. This
noise changes pattern all the time and is very irritating. But the only
way I've found to remove it is to overuse the unsharpening and/or
denoising filters, resulting in extensive detail loss, and I don't want
that...

Does anyone know a way to remove this ugly noise without destroying the
rest of the video? A short sample (copied from the dvd to a mpg file)
can be found here: http://winterbird.no-ip.org/sample.mpg

Thank you.

Fredrik