[MEncoder-users] MSMPEGV2 / lavc options

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue May 24 07:14:53 CEST 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 16:46:14 +0200
Jan Paul Schmidt <jps at fundament.org> wrote:

> 	Is it possible to use some of the MPEG4 options, as MSMPEGV2
> is some sort of MPEG4?

I'm not sure what "MPEG4 options" you are referring to.  Most of the
lavc options apply to MPEG1, MPEG2, etc. as well as MPEG4.

If the lavcopts are what you are referring to, yes, many of them should
work.  "Advanced" profile options like v4mv, qpel, bframes, etc. most
likely won't playback properly with WMP, though I've never
actually tried using them.

> 	If yes, what options are really considered while encoding?
> (trell, mbd, v4mv?)

I have no idea what you are trying to ask here.