[MEncoder-users] avi with pcm sound to avi with mp3 sound

Scott tttocscode at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 07:15:18 CET 2005

Thanks for the input.

The "-noskip -mc 0" got rid of the "Skipping frame!" messages, but the dead
audio/mp3 still exists.

To answer the "What are you using to record these AVIs?", I am doing everything
with mencoder/mplayer.  As I mentioned (barely) before, I could never get
mencoder (using btaudio) to record anything but pcm.  I had been putting up
with the resulting huge avi files, but that is wearing thin now and so I am
trying to resolve the lack of mp3 problem after the avi/pcm has been recorded
and therefore get the btaudio out of the picture.

Since my system has no problems using lame by itself (wav to mp3, no problem),
I would think that mencoder could convert the audio to mp3 with no problems.
But, I guess that is why I am asking questions here...

I'm only a rookie mencoder/mplayer user, but it seems as if mencoder is
failing to use lame or is using it improperly on my system.

Thanks again for you ideas.