[MEncoder-users] Duplicate frames when encoding from TV?

Carl Beech carl.beech at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 14:00:31 CEST 2005

Hi,
 I've not sent a message to this mailing list before - if I've not got the
right address / details please let me know!
 I've been using 'mencoder' for some time, and have achieved at 25fps
640x480 recording direct from the tv input (v4l), using lavcodec video and
pcm audio. - All on a 1Ghz Duron processor with 256Mb memory.
 Over the last weekend I've upgraded my motherboard, processor and memory -
I'm now running a 2.4Ghz Sempron with 512Mb (400mhz) memory. (I've kept my
original disk drives)
 Theoretically the new board should chew through tv capture using the same
settings - but it isn't - I get a 'duplicate frame' message about every
second, and I get approx 24fps. - The disk drive light is hardly 'on'.
 I've re-compiled from the new 'pre7' release (admittedly the old setup used
the 'pre6' - but I did install that from my own rpm's and it didn't seem to
make any difference).
 Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
 Many thanks in advance....
 Carl Beech
Stoke on Trent
England.