[MEncoder-users] A/V sync issues encoding from huffyuv avi to mpeg2

Brian Keener keenerb at roleplayga.org
Tue Jun 14 14:19:44 CEST 2005

RC wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:26:54 -0400
>Brian Keener <keenerb at roleplayga.org> wrote:
>

>>You may very well be correct; however, there's no FAQ that I can find
>>either on www.mplayerhq.hu or via a google search for "mencoder
>>faq".
>>

>That's interesting.  Did you notice the "documentation" link at the top-
>left on mplayerhq.hu?
>
>Also, a search for "mencoder faq" turns up several results that are
>quite good, such as:  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mencoder.html

I finally found the FAQ link last night, after turning my browser's
backgrounds off.  Light brown link text on light brown background isn't
conducive to finding those links very easily...

>>Any question that I've put to this mailing list has been exhaustively
>>researched through google, the mailing list search functions, and
>>usenet, and I'm sorry if my questions have been a bit too basic.
>>

>That's not a problem at all.  The situation is still the same.  Without
>an example file with the problem you're having, I certainly can't
>help, and I doubt anyone else will be able to guess what the problem
>might be.  It seems that the only option for you is to manually repair
>the A/V sync of the problematic file, and that can be done in a number
>of different ways.

I could post a link to my 34 gigabyte captured avi if you'd like...

:-O

Changing "-fps" to "-ofps" looks like it might have had some effect; the
documentation could probably use updated to reflect

-fps <float value>
 Override input video framerate.

rather than

-fps <float value>
 Override video framerate.

which would have saved my confusion on that account.

Varka