[MEncoder-users] Duplicate frames when encoding from TV?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jun 14 05:42:56 CEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:00:31 +0100
Carl Beech <carl.beech at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Theoretically the new board should chew through tv capture using the
> same settings - but it isn't - I get a 'duplicate frame' message
> about every second, and I get approx 24fps. - The disk drive light is
> hardly 'on'.

What is wrong with getting a few "duplicate frame" messages?

As for V4L capture, I'm willing to bet you've got a VIA or SIS chipset
(ie. not Nforce), and have just found out the hard way that a lot of
motherboards just don't do proper DMA on the PCI bus, making them
useless with (uncompressed) TV capture cards.  If you can, I suggest
returning the motherboard, and getting a different one.  Buying from a
major brand doesn't help.  It seems the only sure way to get a proper
motherboard anymore is to get one with an Nvidia Nforce chipset.