[MEncoder-users] Encode a NTSC film to a PAL vcd

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:52:41 CET 2005

RC wrote:

>You could use "divx2svcd" which is in the TOOLS directory as well.

I missed tcmplex, I needed gcc-2.95 just for that. I used an old source for
gcc-2.95.3 from Slackware 8.1 with some tweak to make it build. I enjoyed
that, I haven't done this for a while.

Now I discovered I'd let 'divx2vcd' run overnight instead of -svcd. Sorry I
don't sit in front of it while converting, I need CPU real estate to debug a
Concorde in flightgear.

The colors seemed greyed/bleeds a little, what's the cause of that and
what's the difference between vcd and svcd?

A little snag here is that I've never used 'harddup' before, these avi's
have always worked on my own machine. The NTSC film I'm working on is lent
out for another week, what I'm asking is all of my avi grabs useless now
until I grab it properly with 'harddup'?

Regards,

Roger A.