[MEncoder-users] Processing intelaced videos.

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Nov 29 16:48:45 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 12:11:23PM +0100, Michal Schulz wrote:

> > > Here I split the interlaced video in such a way, that two half-images
> > are
> > > separated and better compressed.
> >
> > What about using lavc's ilme and ildct?
>
> I will try these tonight, but I'm not sure whether they will result better
> encoding then the one with -vf il=d:d. Besides AFAIR it will not force the
> yuv4mpeg output to store frames as interlaced.

there is no such thing as "storing the frames as interlaced" the way
you "store them as interlaced" is by leaving them alone, not
separating the fields. the yuv4mpeg file might have a header at the
beginning that tells if it's interlaced. if so you can just edit this
in a hex editor once it's finished (the header is plain text iirc) or
patch vo_yuv4mpeg to add an option to specify interlaced.

whatever you're doing, you definitely should _not_ be using any
filters that separate the fields, deinterlace, or otherwise mess with
the interlacing.

> I have found out, that recently the yuv4mpeg output accepts the :interlace
> option. I will try out this one as well.

ahh, this is exactly what you want, i think.

rich