[MEncoder-users] Processing intelaced videos.

Michal Schulz michal.schulz at gmx.de
Mon Nov 29 12:11:23 CET 2004

> > Here I split the interlaced video in such a way, that two half-images
> are
> > separated and better compressed.
>
> What about using lavc's ilme and ildct?

I will try these tonight, but I'm not sure whether they will result better
encoding then the one with -vf il=d:d. Besides AFAIR it will not force the
yuv4mpeg output to store frames as interlaced.

> Afaics, you didn't specify any
> audio/video
> codecs at all,

I did wrote "(plus some regarded to audio/video codec)". In fact all
parameters I pass are:

mencoder -tv
driver=v4l:input=1:width=720:height=576:forceaudio:amode=1:forcechan=2 -ovc
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=5000:vhq -oac mp3lame -lameopts
cbr:br=128 -vf il=d:d -o video.avi tv://

I have found out, that recently the yuv4mpeg output accepts the :interlace
option. I will try out this one as well.

regards,
Michal Schulz.

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!