[MEncoder-users] greetings & question about rm2mp3

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Nov 28 14:24:02 CET 2004

On Sunday, 28 November 2004 at 13:28, Jirí Mothejzík wrote:
> Hallo, thank you for two advices.
>
> The first one:
> >           mkfifo sound.wav
> >           mplayer -ao pcm -aofile sound.wav file.ra &
> >           lame ... sound.wav sound.mp3
> works in a way as it is, but it seems there's a problem with some
> synchronization or such...

Please elaborate. I don't see how there can be any sync problems with
audio-only stream.

> so I think better way would be the second one:
> >To encode MP3 you should download and install the
> >latest LAME source (configure LAME with the
> >--disable-decoder option, else it might cause problems
> >when compiling MPlayer):
>
> It sounds good, because the command
> >mencoder 02.rm -o 02.mp3 -novideo -oac mp3lame -lameopts preset=standard
> reply with "mplayer wasn't compiled with libmp3lame support.

It won't work, even if you do have libmp3lame support compiled-in.
MEncoder doesn't support encoding only audio. I can't put it any simpler.

> So I downloaded and compiled lame as you recommended, then I tried to
> recompile mplayer. But when I run configure, it still responds with
> "libmp3lame: no". I tried to explore make and there's something as
> "lame/lame.h" include, which can't work... so what I did wrong? :)
> There's nothing about it in man pages (or maybe I'm searching for wrong
> things).

It depends on how you installed lame. You may need to pass some additional
parameters to ./configure to get it recognized.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/