[MEncoder-users] greetings & question about rm2mp3

Jirí Mothejzík mothejzik at email.cz
Sun Nov 28 15:11:55 CET 2004

>> The first one:
>> >           mkfifo sound.wav
>> >           mplayer -ao pcm -aofile sound.wav file.ra &
>> >           lame ... sound.wav sound.mp3
>> works in a way as it is, but it seems there's a problem with some
>> synchronization or such...
>
> Please elaborate. I don't see how there can be any sync problems with
> audio-only stream.

It seemed to work, but after few seconds one of the processes hanged.
But sorry, when I tried it now, I found the de-/encoding just normally
ended,
I just didn't realize lame can't see the lenght of the pipe, so at the end
it showed
still 0% process.

So thank you, I'd better use this. I just must reduce the quality somehow,
cause the mp3 is now three times bigger (even with -f switch), but it's
another thing. :)

Just one more question:

> MEncoder doesn't support encoding only audio. I can't put it any simpler.
What about the -novideo parameter I found in man pages?

JiMo:)