[MEncoder-users] SAA7130

David Miller david at millersweb.com
Thu Dec 16 20:26:31 CET 2004

Hello

I have used linux for a long time but new to video.
I have a 2200+ Athlon running Fedora Core 3
I have a video capture card, EasyMaker that has a SAA7130
The hardware browser says it is using Driver saa7134
If I hook my cam corder to the card, I can watch just fine with tvtime.
I want to be able to record the various video clips from my cam corder
and burn to DVD.
I started to try to use freevo and their mailing list said that it
wasn't the right tool for what I want to do and sugested mencoder.

mencoder is loaded on the system but I can't figure out how to get it to
capture from the card.

Anyone have any ideas.

David Miller