[MEncoder-users] Recording TV with WinTV bt878

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Dec 2 23:37:02 CET 2004

On Thursday, 02 December 2004 at 22:02, Barton Bosch wrote:
> I recently added a Hauppauge WinTV GO-Plus tuner card (model #1033)
> to my system and have been trying to record from it on RH9 and FC2.
>
> So far I have managed to use mplayer to watch tv with audio on my
> FC2 installation.  However, as I later read in the FAQ, mencoder
> does not record any audio signal.

Fortunately, that FAQ entry is outdated and no longer correct.

> From the other reading that I have done I gather that it is
> possible to record audio and video from the tv card by using the
> btaudio driver.  Is that correct?

Actually, both ways work. That is, recording from line-in and from
btaudio, though I haven't tried it for some time now.

> I ask because it appears that I am at an impasse.  The RH 9 kernel
> has the btaudio driver compiled but DAG's recent RPM of mplayer
> crashes when trying to watch tv from my tuner card.

Don't use DAG's RPMs, use our official packages.

R.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer/