[FFmpeg-user] Poor quality output when converting avi to mp4

Ute Willmore uwillmore at remotegeo.com
Tue Jul 25 02:10:31 EEST 2017

I understand what you mean, Moritz! I used to work under UNIX so command
line was all I used. It's been a while since then, but when I use a tool
like ffmpeg it comes back quickly. Looking at the command line
documentation for VLC yesterday, I got confused. The problem is, that they
allow you (or force you) to nest options. That leads to using "" and ( or {
and before you know it, you get lost counting double quotes and brackets.
:-)
That's what happened to me last night, so I called it a day and went home.
:-)

I'll figure it out when I can take the time to play with it and I am not as
tired as I was last night.

I just don't want to report a bug that is not a bug and I would like to
know what I get when I tell VLC to use ffmpeg to convert the file...

I'll keep you posted, if you like.

Ute