[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 00:43:11 CET 2015

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 07:19:14 PM Dave Rice wrote:
> You can select the input device. Use the -list_devices option to see what is
> available. However within a single device that has multiple inputs can you
> not select the input of that device in the same way that bmdcapture can. To
> set the input, use the Blackmagic Control panel to select the audio and
> video input.

Thanks, that makes more sense. I’m used to bmdtools style of over-riding
whatever is set in the control panel for the input interfaces.

One other question that comes to mind: What happens when there are multiple
devices of the same model? The documentation seems to indicate using the
device name instead of device index.

> > I’ve used bmdtools and piped it to ffmpeg for quite a while, and they work
> > fine. I’m just curious about trying to access it directly.
>
> Same here, though I still use bmdtools. I'm curious how you compare the two.

I’m hoping less overhead due to the elimination of all the memory copy going
on with the pipe. I won’t be able to test till tomorrow.

-Reuben