[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Thu Mar 12 00:19:14 CET 2015

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 7:01 PM, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 07:14:31 AM Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-devices.html#decklink-1
>> Is this page particularly difficult to find?
>
> That is for output. There is nothing there in regard to selecting it as an
> input. How do I select the input interface? My card has 5 different video input
> interfaces, and 3 audio input interfaces.

You can select the input device. Use the -list_devices option to see what is available. However within a single device that has multiple inputs can you not select the input of that device in the same way that bmdcapture can. To set the input, use the Blackmagic Control panel to select the audio and video input.

> Is both audio and video implied when
> setting the device as an input, or do you need to specify input devices for
> audio and video separately?

Yes both video and audio is implied in one decklink input.

> I’ve used bmdtools and piped it to ffmpeg for quite a while, and they work fine.
> I’m just curious about trying to access it directly.

Same here, though I still use bmdtools. I'm curious how you compare the two.
Dave Rice