[FFmpeg-user] Decklink Capture

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 00:30:48 CET 2015

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 06:43:11 PM you wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 07:19:14 PM Dave Rice wrote:
> > > I’ve used bmdtools and piped it to ffmpeg for quite a while, and they
> > > work
> > > fine. I’m just curious about trying to access it directly.
> >
> > Same here, though I still use bmdtools. I'm curious how you compare the
> > two.
> I’m hoping less overhead due to the elimination of all the memory copy going
> on with the pipe. I won’t be able to test till tomorrow.

It did minor testing today and didn’t notice anything abnormal aside from
ffplay complaining quite verbosely about buffer overruns when opening directly
with ffplay. Otherwise, there is a small reduction in overhead, and the video
is smoother when reducing the output framerate to half that of the input. (60
to 30 in my case)

-Reuben