[FFmpeg-user] issue : concatenate containers (.mkv) with subs -- 20140721

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jul 21 11:30:27 CEST 2014

 <clu <at> free.fr> writes:

>   1> ffmpeg -i "concat:v1.avi|v2.avi"
>   3> ffmpeg -i "concat:v1.mkv|v2.mkv"

The concat protocol does not work for avi and mkv
files.. This is not a limitation of FFmpeg but
of the containers (concat: is a equivalent of `cat`).

Please read about the concat demuxer and the concat
filter (I am not sure how well they work for subtitles):
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat-1
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat

For future questions: Please always provide the
command line that you tried without success together
with the complete, uncut console output: This is
needed (at least for me) to answer most questions.

Carl Eugen

PS: Does anybody have an opinion on the new website?