[FFmpeg-user] Syncing clips based on audio waveform?

Arthur Wait artwait at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 17:38:50 CET 2013

Hi all,

This is coming from out of left field I imagine, but I'm wondering if
anyone knows of a filter (or chain of filters) which would allow me to
align/sync two video clips based on matches in their audio waveforms.

I'm shooting events with multiple cameras and would like to either trim the
clips to a precise, matching starting frame or generate a metadata "offset"
marker indicating how far off one clip is from the other in time. Then I
can trim the clips to match.

Is this possible in ffmpeg (or anywhere else for that matter!)?

Thanks very much!

Art