[FFmpeg-user] Regarding -pix_fmt yuvj422p for the output yuv file.

Venkatasubramaniam R kct.venkat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:53:20 CEST 2011

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank the FFmpeg authors for the software. It
has been a great help for my work.

I am currently using ffmpeg (version SVN-r23401) for my video encoding and
decoding process. I have some mp4 files which I decode to yuvj422 format for
using the output yuv files for quality processing.

I am writing a c++ code to automate the processing of the yuv files, but I
am completely not sure about the format in which the yuv pixels are stored..

Please let me know what would be the actual format structure of the yuv file
byte stream when I use the '-pix_fmt yuvj422p' tag for decode the mp4 to
yuv422 file. Whether it is YUV422 (progressive/interlaced, packed/planar).
This would be of great help.

Thanks, and all the best.
-Venkat.