[FFmpeg-user] Regarding -pix_fmt yuvj422p for the output yuv file.

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 18:17:35 CEST 2011

>Hi,

>First of all, I would like to thank the FFmpeg authors for the
software. It has been a great help for my work.

>I am currently using ffmpeg (version SVN-r23401) for my video encoding
and decoding process. I have some mp4 files which I decode to yuvj422
format for using the output yuv files for quality processing.

>I am writing a c++ code to automate the processing of the yuv files,
but I am completely not sure about the format in which the yuv pixels
are stored..

>Please let me know what would be the actual format structure of the yuv
file byte stream when I use the '-pix_fmt yuvj422p' tag for decode the
mp4 to yuv422 file. Whether it is YUV422 (progressive/interlaced,
packed/planar).
This would be of great help.

Personally, I'd suggest using "-pix_fmt uyvy422" - it's documented at
http://www.fourcc.org/yuv.php, and http://www.fourcc.org/yuv.php#UYVY in
particular.

--D.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/