[FFmpeg-user] Specify frame types when encoding video

James Lu luj125 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:48:02 CEST 2011

Hi Tomas,

The option you are looking for is -g, from the documentation:
`-g gop_size' Set the group of pictures size. The "group of pictures" is 1
series of pictures, containing only 1 intra frame (at the beginning) and
then the rest are B or P frames. In your example, you'd use the option '-g
100'

I'd suggest you place a keyframe at intervals between 1-5 seconds for a
usable, highly compressed video.

Hope this helps,
~James