[Ffmpeg-soc] Choosing the best projects

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Sat Mar 24 01:33:53 CET 2007

Kamil Nowosad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Kamil and I'm new to the ffmpeg project. This year I want to
> participate for the first time in the Google's Summer of Code project. I
> have yet started coding one of your qualification tasks [the TIFF
> encoder] and I'm now improving it to implement as many features, you
> have suggested, as possible :-).

Can we possibly convince you to look into an alternate qualification
task? 2 other people simultaneously submitted TIFF encoders as qual.
tasks. While the primary purpose of the task is to qualify the student's
ability, we would also like to get some new features into FFmpeg as well. :)

> And, the second question, what can I do with the projects without
> mentors? Some of them are quite nice (for example the gsm, jpeg2000 or
> ape), but I don't know if it makes sense, sending an application for such
> a project.

You can submit multiple applications, one for each project you would
like to do. You would only get 1 project if selected, of course.

--
	-Mike Melanson