[FFmpeg-devel] Query from Reuters on XZ, open source, and Microsoft

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Apr 9 11:36:05 EEST 2024

Rémi Denis-Courmont (12024-04-09):
> Switching to an own Gitlab instance would simplify code review (that's
> why I'm in favour) but it will add more burden on system admins, and
> make joining the project harder.

Over the last fifteen months, I have updated GitLab sixteen times for
security issues (actually thirty two: sixteen for the mathematicians,
sixteen for the computer scientists).

I am pointing that for the burden, I am not offering to do the same for
free for the people who are so short-sighted they feel entitled to block
software-defined radio, break real-time display devices, prevent me from
adding the strings API necessary for proper built-in documentation and
information exfiltration from devices, etc., and apparently can.

--
  Nicolas George