[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Jul 7 17:27:35 EEST 2020

Manolis Stamatogiannakis (12020-07-07):
> If I reply to the email, my response will appear online in the issue/PR
> page.

That is good to know. I have never noticed it documented. Does it work
reliably?

> Now, if you also want to review the code of a PRs from mutt, that's another
> discussion.

Not necessarily mutt, but if it's a web browser, then find somebody else
to review.

> Is tree threading that important? A PR is essentially a single thread of
> discussion.

It is a single thread of discussion until the discussion becomes complex
and has branches.

> I would first ask why keep using a mailing list to post patches and not use
> PRs. For a 3 commit patch, and 3 people sending feedback a few days apart,
> you have a minimum of 15 emails for everyone on the list. Is that efficient?

Actually, since mail servers are much much less resource-consuming that
web interfaces, it probably is.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George