[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Kieran Kunhya kierank at obe.tv
Tue Jul 7 14:26:03 EEST 2020

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 12:13, Anton Khirnov <anton at khirnov.net> wrote:

> Quoting Nicolas George (2020-07-07 12:46:39)
> >
> > * GMail's warnings about "less secure" applications are scare tactics to
> >   get you to exclusively use their products, because they cannot feed
> >   you advertisement when you use a real mail client with their IMAP and
> >   SMTP servers.

I don't disagree with the point about Gmail, however the reality of the
situation is this is how 95% of the world now use email.
Likewise with CLI git. You cannot fight wider change, it will happen anyway.

We are in a stagnasis as a project even *with* self-described experts
staying.
If they are the experts then they can deal with inconvenience to widen the
pool of developers. A real expert sees the value in a sustainable project.

Kieran