[FFmpeg-devel] Project orientation

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Jul 6 10:53:58 EEST 2020

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 10:50:14PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> To Achieve this, we could try to
> * attract more developers doing reviews, i have generally suggested
>   contributors to help review other peoples patches. Maybe i should
>   take a step back and ask developers to ask developers to do this
>   instead. It is a way out of this problem
> * make people have a burning desire to review patches. I understand
>   this would work very well but iam not sure how to achieve this
> * pay developers to do reviews, i think we do not yet have the funds
>   for this as reviews take alot of time and thus this would not be
>   cheap

Maybe there's not enough people like me to matter, but for me it's
that I don't have time to read the whole mailing list to find the
patches I might be able to contribute to with a review.
I also add the caveat I wouldn't be able to do a super-deep technical
review, but there seem to be enough integer overflow issues (and
I mean the we-all-agree-it's-a-bug type) and other bugs getting
through that anyone familiar with reviewing code would be able
to contribute.