[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.4

Timo Rothenpieler timo at rothenpieler.org
Tue Oct 10 18:52:03 EEST 2017

>> "I vote to delay the release"
>
> Please, don't. It's been months since the last release, and I'm nearing
> a point in the merges where a release needs to be branched out before i
> can continue (Technically speaking, I'm at a commit I'd rather not have
> in 3.4 to being with).
>
> The concerns Michael explained about the opaque_ref wrapping in lavc
> with draw_horiz_band apparently also apply to libav, so maybe talk with
> the author of the commit you're cherry picking and see if there's a
> different solution instead? And with Mark about the wrapped_avframe decoder.

I assume this is about the cuvid hwaccel. In which case I think I'd
prefer to have it merged after the release. Simply because it is rather
confusing naming-wise and I expect there to be some edges that need to
be polished.
No strong opinion on this from my side though, I'm fine with merging it
whenever.