[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.4

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 18:45:59 EEST 2017

On 10/9/2017 8:17 AM, wm4 wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Oct 2017 13:53:13 +0200
> Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 12:06:23AM +0200, wm4 wrote:

>>> I want hardware decoding things in that release (frame pool info,
>>> cuvid). I vote the release until this has happened.
>>
>> Iam not sure what you mean by "I vote the release ..."
>> please clarify
>
> "I vote to delay the release"

Please, don't. It's been months since the last release, and I'm nearing
a point in the merges where a release needs to be branched out before i
can continue (Technically speaking, I'm at a commit I'd rather not have
in 3.4 to being with).

The concerns Michael explained about the opaque_ref wrapping in lavc
with draw_horiz_band apparently also apply to libav, so maybe talk with
the author of the commit you're cherry picking and see if there's a
different solution instead? And with Mark about the wrapped_avframe decoder.