[FFmpeg-devel] skip multiple id3v2 headers

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Sep 10 23:31:55 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 06:51:20AM -0700, David Byron wrote:
[...]
> I think it makes most sense to keep the entire first id3v2 tag and ignore
> the rest since someone may have deleted a value.

delete a value by repeating a header invalidly without the tag infront of
the header that still contains the tag?

sorry but the whole thing is heading so hugely into the direction of piling
hypotheses on hypotheses that its really becoming scary

we dont have such files, we dont even have one with a conflicting value in
its headers (or at least noone showed what that value would be).
we dont even know what creates such files. its all just guessing
and then building hypotheses on that guessing.
and in the end coming up with messy complex code to work with all the files
generated by hypothetical buggy programs (and failing with other hypothetical
programs)

id prefer if the code is the simplest that works with actually existing files
and follows closely what the specs say and they dont say skip tags randomly

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus