[FFmpeg-devel] Clang static analyser

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Apr 19 00:29:32 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:13:45AM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> > Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> >> Hi, I gave the clang static analyzer a test run. Here is the output from
> >> todays svn:
> >>
> >> http://tranquillity.ath.cx/clang/scan-build-2009-04-17-1/
> >>
> >> Most of the logic errors should be real issues that can affect
> >> stability. All the dead store things seem to be mostly noise.
> >>
> >> MvH
> >> Benjamin Larsson
> >>

> Another run can be found here:
>
> http://tranquillity.ath.cx/clang/2009-04-18-1/
>
> This run uses the following configuration parameters:
>
> --disable-optimizations --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter
> --enable-avfilter-lavf --arch=none --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libfaac
> --enable-libfaad --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nonfree
>
> And it analyses the headers also. I'll try to add more codecs to the
> configure line sometime later.

it would be great if you could make it consider asm() because the
signal to noise ratio is really poor with all the varibles from sws
used in asm marked as never read.
I guess they could be marked by av_unused if someone volunteers ...

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA