[FFmpeg-devel] Clang static analyser

Benjamin Larsson banan
Sun Apr 19 00:58:32 CEST 2009

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:13:45AM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
>> Benjamin Larsson wrote:

>> Another run can be found here:
>>
>> http://tranquillity.ath.cx/clang/2009-04-18-1/
>>
>> This run uses the following configuration parameters:
>>
>> --disable-optimizations --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter
>> --enable-avfilter-lavf --arch=none --enable-libamr-nb --enable-libfaac
>> --enable-libfaad --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nonfree
>>
>> And it analyses the headers also. I'll try to add more codecs to the
>> configure line sometime later.
>
> it would be great if you could make it consider asm() because the
> signal to noise ratio is really poor with all the varibles from sws
> used in asm marked as never read.
> I guess they could be marked by av_unused if someone volunteers ...
>
> [...]

Comparing http://tranquillity.ath.cx/clang/scan-build-2009-04-18-1/ vs
http://tranquillity.ath.cx/clang/2009-04-18-1/ the last one with
--arch=none you'll see that there are no complaints on
swscale_template.c. So for some reason it didn't compile some code when
I set --arch=none but in the other case it did. I guess --disable-mmx
would be better to use when analysing swscale.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson