[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 9 17:54:41 CEST 2007

Hi

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 01:32:08PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> > However, I wonder why you wish to use the (mpeg2dec) license header from
> > yuv2rgb.c?  Is the file derived from yuv2rgb.c?  I'm asking since it was
> > not created via 'svn copy'.
>
> I think this is the whole root of the problem: I created yuv2rgb_init.c
> trying to make it "non derived" from yuv2rgb.c. But I failed, so I
> consider it as derived work.

why dont you describe in english precissely what yuv2rgb_init.c has to do
then someone can implement a LGPL or BSD version of it based on this
description without ever looking at yuv2rgb_init.c that would make any
copyright claim on the code void

The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the
dead. -- Aristotle