[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jul 9 13:32:08 CEST 2007

Hi Diego,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
>> 1) svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
>> 2) cd ffmpeg/libswscale
>> 3) svn cp -r 23714
>> svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c
>> yuv2rgb_init.c
>> 4) edit yuv2rgb_init.c, adding the license header from yuv2rgb.c
>> 5) svn commit yuv2rgb_init.c
>> 6) svn rm yuv2rgb_init.c
>> 7) svn commit
>>
>> Is this ok? Or should I add an "svn commit" between step 3) and 4)? Or
>> can I remove step 5)? I am asking to avoid doing the thing in the wrong
>> way, and having to play some other "svn games" to recover from my error...
>
> The order of commands you have planned is OK.

Ok, good.

> However, I wonder why you wish to use the (mpeg2dec) license header from
> yuv2rgb.c?  Is the file derived from yuv2rgb.c?  I'm asking since it was
> not created via 'svn copy'.

I think this is the whole root of the problem: I created yuv2rgb_init.c
trying to make it "non derived" from yuv2rgb.c. But I failed, so I
consider it as derived work.

> Also, I think there should be a short note
> about the (re)licensing troubles you encountered.  Maybe wait a day or
> two before removing the file again so we have a chance to comment.  Or
> even better, paste the header here before doing the changes.
Ok... I'll try to write a reasonable header (but I think it will include
yuv2rgb's header), and I'll post it before resurrecting the file and
updating it.

				Thanks,
					Luca