[FFmpeg-devel] libswscale/yuv2rgb_init.c license

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Jul 10 12:26:19 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
>> I think this is the whole root of the problem: I created yuv2rgb_init.c
>> trying to make it "non derived" from yuv2rgb.c. But I failed, so I
>> consider it as derived work.
>
> why dont you describe in english precissely what yuv2rgb_init.c has to do
> then someone can implement a LGPL or BSD version of it based on this
> description without ever looking at yuv2rgb_init.c that would make any
> copyright claim on the code void

Something similar has been proposed, when the problem happened.
But after thinking about it for some time, I arrived to the conclusion
that if the original author of the code wanted the code to be GPLed, I
do not like the idea of reimplementing it under another license.

I realize that I should have thought about it before starting to write
yuv2rgb_init.c, and I apologize for such error.

				Luca