[FFmpeg-devel] Set dts in tta demuxer

David Conrad umovimus
Fri Aug 10 03:29:15 CEST 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:01:52PM -0400, David Conrad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As $subj. This mostly fixes stream copy from tta to mkv via my SoC
>> muxer.
>
> why not
>
> +    dts = st->index_entries[c->currentframe].timestamp;
>      size = st->index_entries[c->currentframe++].size;
>
> ?

Right, I wasn't thinking. New patch attached.

>> It still needs to set the bit depth before these files will work
>> via ffplay
>> (they work in VLC.) I think that the best solution for that is to
>> have the
>> demuxer set sample_fmt and read from that, does this sound okay?
>
> no
> first elaborate on what precissely is wrong
> there is a tta file which is demuxed and then muxed into mkv
> that mkv would be demuxed and passed to the tta decoder
> the tta decoder sets sample_fmt
> where in this chain is the problem?

Now that I actually tried it, that does happen. I was thinking about
trying to eliminate the extradata for tta since the sample format is
the only parameter from it that the decoder really needs, but if it's
the decoder's job to set the sample_fmt that can't happen.