[FFmpeg-devel] Set dts in tta demuxer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Aug 10 12:03:46 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:29:15PM -0400, David Conrad wrote:
> On Aug 9, 2007, at 8:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 08:01:52PM -0400, David Conrad wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As $subj. This mostly fixes stream copy from tta to mkv via my SoC muxer.
>>
>> why not
>>
>> +    dts = st->index_entries[c->currentframe].timestamp;
>>      size = st->index_entries[c->currentframe++].size;
>>
>> ?
>
> Right, I wasn't thinking. New patch attached.

ok, though you can do this without the dts variable (no need to send
another patch for that ...)

>>> It still needs to set the bit depth before these files will work via
>>> ffplay
>>> (they work in VLC.) I think that the best solution for that is to have
>>> the
>>> demuxer set sample_fmt and read from that, does this sound okay?
>>
>> no
>> first elaborate on what precissely is wrong
>> there is a tta file which is demuxed and then muxed into mkv
>> that mkv would be demuxed and passed to the tta decoder
>> the tta decoder sets sample_fmt
>> where in this chain is the problem?
>
> Now that I actually tried it, that does happen. I was thinking about trying
> to eliminate the extradata for tta since the sample format is the only
> parameter from it that the decoder really needs, but if it's the decoder's
> job to set the sample_fmt that can't happen.

our tta code is messy ...
no clue if its possible or not to avoid the extradata, its definitly
ugly as it is currently
but if we would set sample_fmt in the demuxer then we would have to
set it in all demuxers like avi, mov, ... and that would require
tta specific code which does not belong in demuxers ideally ...

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable